ROUGH DIAMOND EVALUATION AND GRADING COURSE FAQ:
Will I receive a internationally recognized certificate? There will be an examination on completion of this course, a certificate of completion in Rough Diamond Evaluation and Grading will be awarded
What is the duration of the study? The course is 10 Days and can be completed depending on progress of the student.
What is the cost of the course? The course cost ZAR 8500.00 for local students and USD 1000.00 for international participants
Rough Diamond Course Outline
Students will learn:
- How to use a 10x loupe.
- Varieties of diamond crystals and crystalline aggregates in diamonds using genuine diamonds.
- the identification of imitation (fake) diamonds.
- optical, mechanical, electrical, thermal and chemical properties of diamond crystals.
- structural defects and the internal structure of diamond crystals including marks, inclusions and stresses.
- the study of impurity centers in rough diamond crystals, their cause and effect.
- how to select diamonds for fancy shapes, determining their ultimate form whilst in the rough stage.
- how to determine color in diamonds, both natural and artificial, and its effect on buying and selling.
- how to select and sort rough diamonds for clarity, color, Ct weight, shape and any unusual qualities.
- how to determine whether a whole rough diamond is to be cleaved, sawed or retained as is.
- classification of rough gems and industrial diamonds.
- use of a polariscope when analyzing stress and strain within the internal molecular structure of rough diamonds.
- Plotting of rough diamonds to pin point impurities within the diamond.
- use of a Moe gauge to estimate weight recovery as well as estimating weight recovery percentages.
- pricing of rough diamonds using the Rapaport Diamond Price List .
ASSISTANCE AND SUPPORT
Upon completion of the rough diamond graduation program, the school offers a unique support the students while in there business . The school also makes available the services of the cutting and polishing department and we extend technical help in marketing both the rough and polished diamonds. These and many other services are available to assist the student during early operations of there businesses.
Corlia Roberts Diamond Education College in South Africa offers diamond courses in Raw Diamonds, Rough Evaluation, Grading, Cutting and Polishing. Through her unique combination of one-on-one coaching and integrated videos, you will learn to grade, polish and evaluate diamonds more consistently and accurately using the very latest in gemological equipment.
Education is forever – Corlia Roberts